Brian A. Eves
Brian Eves is a Florida Bar Certified Construction Law attorney and focuses his practice in civil litigation across a broad range of specialties, including construction issues and commercial litigation. After law school, Mr. Eves worked for different civil litigation practices, handling several trials, both as plaintiff and defense. Throughout his career, he has had the opportunity to represent a diverse array of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, small-to-mid-size businesses, insurance companies, third-party administrators, public and governmental entities, and individuals. Prior to joining Sivyer Barlow Watson & Haughey, P.A., he was a Managing Partner at a national Insurance Defense firm. Mr. Eves has also presented training and Continuing Education credit classes to construction contractors, attorneys, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators across a broad range of topics.
Class Action Defense
- All Florida State Courts
- Middle and Southern Federal District Courts of Florida
- J.D., Florida State University, magna cum laude, 1997
- B.A., Miami University, 1993
- Construction Law Committee, Florida Bar
- Contractor’s University speaker
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Construction Law Division
- Orange County Bar Association
- CLM – Claims and Litigation Management
- FDLA – Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- “Negotiating Contracts and Understanding Insurance for Construction” – Florida Bar Contractor’s University.
- “Managing Product Liability Exposure in Construction Litigation”– CLM Construction Law Conference.
- “Construction Defect Losses and General Liability Losses”– North American Risk Services.
- “Multiple Failures: The Difference between Science and Magic” – CLM Annual Conference.
- “Case Law Update 2020: Construction Defects”– North American Risk Services.
- “Claim Mitigation after Water Damage”– North American Risk Services.
- “Property Damage: Smoke and Soot Assessment and Abatement”– North American Risk Services.
- “Consumer Product & Appliance Failures: Manufacturer vs Consumer”– CLM Southeastern Conference.
- “Water Damage Restoration” – Gallagher Bassett Services.
- “Ethics in Claims and Medical Case Management” – Genex Services.
- “Mediation of the Complex Case”– Broadspire.
- “Negotiation and Settlement Strategy” – Gallagher Bassett Services.
Brian joined the Sivyer Barlow Watson & Haughey, P.A in 2023. Prior to that he was the Managing Partner of the Tampa Office for Mintzer, Sarowitz, Zeris, Ledva, and Meyers, a national insurance defense firm. He was Florida Board Certified in Construction Law in 2019. He was born in Staten Island, New York, but was raised in South Florida. He currently resides in Tampa with his wife and two children and enjoys spending time with his family exploring hidden gems across the State.