Paul D. Watson
Paul Watson represents individuals and businesses in disputes ranging from simple collection and eviction actions to complex, multi-million dollar lawsuits. He has successfully litigated claims involving breach of contract, fraud, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition, deceptive and unfair trade practices, trade secrets, and various business torts involving franchise relationships, construction disputes, class action lawsuits, real estate transactions, business acquisitions, and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights matters. He also advises clients in business transactions involving franchise relationships, including franchise development, regulatory compliance and trademark, trade secret and copyright protection.
Paul is admitted to practice in Florida, the United States District Courts for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits.
Class Action Lawsuits
- Awarded “Fred the Baker” Award by Dunkin Donuts Incorporated as Southeast Business Partner of the Year, 2001
- Recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as among Florida’s Legal Elite
- Recognized by Super Lawyers magazine as a top Florida lawyer
- Voted #1 by peers in Franchise Law by Tampa Magazine in 2018 and 2019
- B.A., Emory University, 1989
- J.D., Stetson University, cum laude, 1992
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum on Franchising
Paul co-founded the firm Sivyer Barlow Watson & Haughey, P.A. in 2002. Previously, he was an associate and shareholder at Bush Ross in Tampa. Paul was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.